We all have faced the mysterious situations of disturbance or non-operational of submersible pumps. It is that time when we get to know how important the installation of submersible pumps is in the water tank. Submersible pumps are as important as fuel to diesel generators. If you have not yet installed submersible pumps in your water tanks then it is the right time to realize the need for the submersible pumps and get them installed in your water tanks.
These submersible pumps are extremely important as they help to rotate and push the water outwards. If they get stuck in between the water flow discontinues leading to chaos. Different types of submersible pumps are available in the market depending upon the size of the water tank. Everyone buys a submersible pump according to the size of the water tank.
What is a submersible pump?
Submersible pumps as the name suggest itself are the ones that are fully submerged into water. They are so designed that they help in rotating and pushing the water outwards. It is a centrifugal water pump along with a motor that comes with a waterproof seal and is closely attached to the body of the pump. These submersible pumps are so designed t be submerged in water with the reservoir of water that needs to be pumped out. The main usage of these submersible pumps is in drainage of floods, empty ponds, sewerage pumping, and much more. These submersible pumps also come in form of filtration pumps. These filtration pumps are installed in fish tanks to pump out water at the time of need.
Advantages of Submersible Pumps
- Noise-proof: The submersible pumps are noise-proof i.e. they are very quiet as water absorbs the noise.
- Efficient in handling solids as well as liquids: A good feature about these submersible pumps is that they are efficient in handling both solids as well as liquids deep into the water.
- Conserves a lot of energy: the pressure of water drives the water into the pump leading to more conservation of energy.
Disadvantages of Submersible Pumps
- Difficulty in knowing the pump failure: the pump failure cannot be easily witnessed as the pump is deeply submerged into the water.
- Costly: The submersible pumps are more costly as compared to non-submersible pumps therefore the installation of them costs more to pockets.
- Different pumps for different purposes: one pump does not serve all the needs i.e. different pumps are to be installed for different purposes leading to more cost and more risk of being damaged.
Different types of Submersible pumps
There are different types of submersible pumps available in the market. Every submersible pump serves a different need.
- Deep well pump: As the name itself suggests deep well pump they are deep fitted into the wells. Also, they are the most extensively used submersible pumps. The body of these pumps can be linked to the motor for running underwater. These pumps are light in weight and are simple to be fixed and refurbished.
- Stainless steel pumps: These kinds of pumps are covered with stainless steel and have high acidic resistance. The stainless steel pumps can be fully immersed in water even while working.
- Water cooler pumps: Water cooler pumps are installed in the water coolers. They can be fixed for operating beneath the water. They are useful when the water is of high quality.
There is a lot more kind of submersible pumps available in the market. Prakash gensets manufacture these submersible pumps at cost-effective rates. Apart from submersible pumps, they also manufacture different products like welding sets, diesel generators, solar panels, and much more.